Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tulips on a Sunny Day

My fiancé and I had no idea there were tulips when we bought the house, but now they pop up every year without fail. We weren't sure if we would get to keep them this year with the abnormal and unexpected frosts - but then some heavy rains came that seemed to do the trick, their sunny yellow heads in wide bloom with the next clear day. Now every time I seem them, it's like seeing a smile and I can't help but smile back. ^__^


I painted this one with water-soluble crayons. I love the texture that they create by laying down the pigment with the crayon - even when you run the watery brush over it, you still keep the texture of the crayon, and the brush stays clean!
I can't wait until I can try out some water-soluble pencils - I really hope they lay down like actual coloured pencils. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my hands on some Prismas; that's the brand I am most used to working with and it seems like they keep their products pretty similar - they pretty much lay down and perform the same. :)
Here's some real-life shots of the flowers - snagged them after I got done painting (had to snap a shot of my journal for upload anyway):





No comments:

Post a Comment