Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Cat

Well, while I had my camera out to snap some pics of my tulips, my cat decided to pose, too! :)



His name is Jax the Dasher, but he usually just gets called Jax (or Jaxie or Jaxie-Poo). He showed up on our doorstep one very hot and sunny day when my fiancĂ© and I lived in an apartment. He was only about 6 months, a tiny little squirt, and we just couldn't leave him out in the 100˚ weather! So we adopted him into our home, put up found-cat posters, and even took him to the vet for de-worming. A week or so later, a lady from a couple of houses down called us and claimed the cat - but that was all we ever heard from her. So he became ours.

We couldn't agree on a name for him at first - then one day we were in front of the tv watching whatever crap was on cable (which just so happened to be Mortal Combat II) and my fiancé said "his name is Jax!" The dasher part came from the fact that he used to run like a bat outta hell through the apartment - from one side to another in one fell swoop! (and this was before the Incredibles, mind you)


Later he got fixed and calmed down a lot. We had other cats at the time but eventually rehomed them (one to my mother's house by choice, and one to GOD's house not so much by choice), and since then Jax has become my sweetness! He lives outside, but comes when I call - for a snuggle, a cuddle, and food! ^___^


3 comments:

  1. Hi Molica, I like your new blog! Jax is adorable (I love smokey coloured cats) and you can never have too many cat photos :) Looking forward to seeing more drawings too1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good name! He looks like a Jax. So serious!!

    ReplyDelete