Saturday, April 18, 2009

EDM #201 - Swingline


The drawing prompt for this one, obviously, was "draw a stapler". I had intended to start at the beginning with the Everyday Matters prompts and do them daily - in order. But I had some downtime at work and wanted to draw... I had pondered actually taking my shoe off and setting on my desk, but they already think I am peculiar enough at work. And, I don't really have any fun staplers at home to draw.
The ugly, almost randomly-placed text is a quote from Office Space:
"... And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don, too, because they're moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the windows, and I could see
the squirrels, and they were married, but then...they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire..."

... and we all know how that ended. :) Every time I see a Swingline, I can't help but think about that movie.

Semi-blind contour on the left, actuall sketches on the right - in case you wondered. Technically this is the second time I've sketched/contoured this stapler... I guess I really like it. (I have a geekish affinity for office supplies) lol.

1 comment: